Sunday, August 28, 2011

lately...

since i haven't posted a real blog entry in months, here's a little update about what's going on with me...

this weekend has been a little lonely, with josh leaving for the coast early yesterday morning. he's supposed to get back late tonight. (why did he drive towards the hurricane, you ask? to help with the murphy gas stations that were effected by the storm. fun fun.) irene actually ruined our original plans for the weekend, we were actually going to head home to northern kentucky to surprise my sister for her birthday saturday night and go to josh's grandma's (nonna's) 80th birthday party on sunday. darn you, irene.

so what did i do with a free weekend? (especially since i didn't have to work saturday (which i always do, i traded since we were planning on leaving.) unfortunately i was up pretty early helping josh finish packing and i couldn't get back to sleep. i went to zumba, colored my hair (my grays were out of control!), had yummy frozen yogurt covered in fruit with a friend, mexican food for dinner with another friend, and hung out at home with my cat a lot. today i went to church by myself, zumba again, laundry. wild, i know. i've also done that really boring cleaning up the house, paying bills, grown-up stuff that i have to do every so often. we still need groceries in a serious way, so hopefully i will force myself to do that tomorrow. i've been horrible at cooking lately since i'm so busy (not that you would believe me by the way my weekend sounds), so maybe some yummy ingredients in the refrigerator will motivate me to get in the kitchen! now i'm watching julie and julia on t.v. (even though we have the DVD - i hate when i do that!) and holding my cat. he's good company.

anyway, i'm looking forward to having my husband back. it's funny, because i certainly enjoy having the  alone time every now and then, but then i also miss him like crazy when he's gone. i guess that's what happens when you marry your best friend!

okay so that was pretty boring but oh well! i hope you had a good weekend!

1 comment: