Monday, March 11, 2013

37 & 38 weeks!


what’s new with baby: baby girl is cooked. she needs to get out. okay, in reality she's about 6.8 pounds and 19 and 1/2 inches long. but seriously, she's ready. or i'm ready and she's nice and cozy in there. 

what’s new with mom: mom is pooped. i've been nesting endlessly, finishing up training for my job, and fighting a sinus infection for over a week. i started feeling crappy half way through my 37th week, and it seriously has continued for a week and a half. it is better, but i'm still blowing my nose. last weekend (my birthday weekend!) i barely left the couch. it was awful. ugh. so that was fun. and 2 days this past week were spent in training all. day. long. all day long and an hour and a half away. all day long and an hour and a half away and blowing my nose. okay i'm done. my ankles have been swelling on and off the past couple weeks which has been bothering me, but the doctor says everything is okay. at my 37 week appointment my blood pressure was a little high so i was nervous about that, but the doctor assured me it was fine, and then at my 38 week appointment (on my birthday - i made josh go to this one!) olivia's heart rate was super fast, but after sitting on a monitor for 20 minutes the doctor assured me that that too, was fine. she was just really active and i had taken some sinus medicine so that could have hyped her up. so really everything is going pretty well, even if i am uncomfortable and whiny and so ready for olivia to come out! 

wardrobe: 

cravings: nothing in particular or out of the ordinary. probably more sweets and stuff i shouldn't really eat. i finally spotted some girl scouts yesterday and ended up getting 3 boxes of cookies. yum. sadly you don't get very many in a $4 box! 

anything hard? definitely not feeling well has made these couple weeks rough. and i am uncomfortable and worn out. it is very difficult to rest with this nesting instinct! it's amazing what's dirty when you're nesting! after 2 exhausting days of training i thought i would rest but i ended up dusting and vacuuming the whole apartment and organizing a bunch of stuff. and a couple days ago i found myself randomly cleaning the inside and outside of my garbage can. and i've been finding uses for all of the attachments on my vacuum all over the house! ugh. i guess i am getting a lot accomplished though! in all seriousness, it seems that things are going well and olivia is quite happy in there. 

best moment(s) of the week: hmm... despite not feeling well, i did enjoy a yummy thai dinner with friends for my birthday, and a prenatal massage and a yummy pizza date with josh on my actual birthday! that massage was quite wonderful. i had been holding onto a massage envy gift card for over a year, and while i'm not quite sure why it took me so long to use it, i'm glad i had it when i've been quite uncomfortable. (i didn't mention it - but i can barely sleep past 5 without having to get up and move to the couch so i can sit with the heating pad on my back!) 

time to come out and meet the world, olivia! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment