Thursday, January 3, 2013

baby showers part 1

would i recommend your average pregnant girl have two showers in one day? probably not. i was overwhelmed and exhausted when it was all said and done. but i also felt totally thankful and blessed by the generosity of friends and family! and when you live 8 hours from home, you do what works! 

the morning of the showers we woke up to this! 


the first shower was for my side of the family and it took place in a local church's fellowship hall. the great thing about this shower that was my sister was there! well, as there as she could be via skype! it was definitely different but super awesome to do a joint shower with one person on the other side of the world! my morning, her evening. you get the picture. 

of course my mom, aunt, grandma, and cousins did an awesome job on the decorations and food! 



here's a bad picture of me helping krystal greet everyone! 


the grandmas (or great grandmas!) took turns opening krystal's presents. 


and krystal watched everything via skype! 


here's the quilt i made for baby b! i hadn't posted about it because i wanted it to be a surprise. i hope my niece or nephew loves it! 


lots of friends and family in attendance! 


here's a fun pic of me, krystal, mom, and our grandmas! 
the flash and smudgy computer screen is kinda a bummer. 


thanks for driving down in the snow, shannon! 


belly shot with my sister! 


in addition to lots of clothes, our pack and play, and our stroller, my mom gave me the crib skirt and pillow she made for the nursery! i'm so excited to start getting the nursery all together and set up! but that's definitely another post! :) overall it was definitely an awesome morning!

3 comments:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed the showers. I hope that you felt the love of the people who helped and attended. Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I love this! can you send me some of your pics or dropbox them for me? love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great! LOVE the pic of you & Krystal with your bellies "together"!

    ReplyDelete