Thursday, January 10, 2013

pregnancy through the ages

just for fun, i started asking my grandma about what her pregnancies were like back when i was first expecting. she was so excited to share and tell me how the best feeling in the world is when you first feel a kick (back before i felt any of olivia's jabs!). she also talked about how prenatal care was totally different, no one knew what they were having, and you didn't breastfeed because that wasn't "in" then. these conversations lead to her sending me some pics from when her and my mom were pregnant!

my grandma 8 months and 2 weeks pregnant with my mom in November, 1958...


and here she is pregnant with my uncle dave, with my papa holding my mom all dressed up and precious! 


 and again pregnant with my uncle brian! such a foxy lady! 


 fast forward... here's my mom pregnant with me! she was tiny and i was ginormous (9 pounds, 1 ounce) so i'm sure she was quite miserable! 

with my precious sister! 


check out that hairstyle! gotta love the 80s! 


this is the day before i was born - march 3rd, 1985! i would be sitting too! 


it's amazing how pregnancy care and trends change over the years! regardless of what was "in" then or now, i'm proud to be part of an awesome line of women blessed with this amazing adventure of growing a baby! it really is like having a front-row seat as god performs this amazing miracle in front of your face inside of you! i wouldn't trade it for the world! 

2 comments: